Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bellies

Did you guys know I was in a band?
Jake & I formed a group way back in the early days of Big Carly.
Shawn used to be a part of it, but now that he's out of the picture Jake & I can reach our full potential ('cause let's face it - there's only so many Alanis covers you can do with a straight guy in your band) and finally rise to fame, fortune, & most importantly: hot men.
Jahk had the brilliant idea of making "Bling Blang" our first single to our self titled album.
Which would be what, Jake? Big Carly? Jake & Michelle? Grown Woman?

So because I'm sure all of you are on the edge of your seats here, let me jot down some lyrics for you to judge enjoy:
I got that Bling Blang
That shiny thang
Got diamonds in my eyes
Starin' at that rang.
 
You want that bling
I want that blang
Let's call it what it is
A major freaking pain.
 
Obviously this is a work in progress.
It's hard collaborating with someone who ditched out and moved to NZ.
But we make due and if any of you thought for one minute that I was in a band, I am laughing at you.
 
Well. Yesterday I realized (pretty much after I blogged about it) that I couldn't talk...so how would I spend an hour chatting with my therapist?
I mean, we could sit and stare at each other but that would just be awkward (SOML).
So instead I called her and cancelled my appt. with no voice. That was easy.
Did I use that opportunity to work out? NOPE.

Disclaimer: this blog is going to be a little all over the place today.
DEAL OATMEAL!

Coolest thing that happened at work yesterday?
This:
A Walking Dead spin-off?
YES. PLEASE.

Once work was over, I went home to take the fastest shower of my life & jack my hair to Jesus the best I know how (not very well).
Some of the girls (Niki & Sarah) and I had a tiny dinner date.
We went to Belly. Ohmyyyyyyyyyyygerddddddddddd.
I did take pics of every course for ya'll, because you know...foodgasm.

Some blueberry concoction with vodka.
Now that's my kinda night, Luke Bryan.
 
Cheese puffy roll things (that are pretty hollow, meaning you can eat 3...).
Pickled veggies. My fave were the pickled prunes, who woulda thunk it?
 
Grilled Chinook salmon, sautéed corn, cabbage and bacon with a brown butter vinaigrette and mashed potato.
I think I just drooled on my desk just looking at this masterpiece.
 
Dessert...some kind of chocolate pot.
SOLD!
Thanks Sarah ;)
 
Oh yeah. I took pics of us too (although clearly the food was the highlight).
 
My boo & I.
 
When I asked Sarah to send me a pic of me & Niki, I received this:
 
2 pics of Nik & I, a pic of Sarah & I, another pic of Nik & I...and then Sarah's cat.
Gotta love it.
 
Sarah didn't want to use the flash because she liked the "romantic lighting".
So this is the best you get.
THANKS SARAH.
 
After dinner we went to Sarah's place to harass her husband watch Insidious.
Turns out I've already seen it. I still made Niki spend the night because I was scurred.
I guess even (ALMOST) 26 year old women still have sleepovers. In case you were wondering, we actually did have pillow fights in our undies and painted each others nails. Not.
 
Moving on...
 
I read this article a while back about the different types of bellies out thurr.
If you remember, I wrote about my spare tire a few blogs ago. Turns out, that's actually a thing!
 
Let me shine some light on the situation for you -
They claim this is the easiest tummy to get rid of because you're basically a fatty due to sitting on your booty & eating crap.
Sounds about right.
Up until January I exercised very little and stuffed my face with a lot of sugar and refined carbohydrates - expanding my waist, legs, and hips.
Another contributor? Alcohol. Before I got prego, I drank heavily 3-4x a week.
This article recommends ditching calorie counting in favor of a healthy diet full of fresh foods (clean eating) and that exercise is key. Essentially, move more - eat less (& well!).
 
I know that I didn't put this weight on overnight & I know it will not come off overnight.
So the fact that I am 46.1 pounds lighter and 28.5 inches smaller than I was 8 months ago (almost to the day), I'll just keep on keepin' on.
 
Well, that's pretty much all I got for ya.
EXCEPT FOR THIS MORNING'S SELFIE (which is a special one for you today):
 
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
dancing through the fire
'cause I am a champion
& you're going to hear me roar.
Louder than a lion
'cause I am a champion
& you're going to hear me roar.
 
Thanks Katy Perry. You give me goosebumps all. the. time.
#loser
 

 


 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment