Monday, July 8, 2013

Jahk West: Grown Woman & Gone, Baby, Gone

This weekend Rosalie was with her dad so I went up to PDX to say goodbye to a dear friend of mine:

Not the handsome feller on the left.
Not the cute pup on the bottom.
The guy passed out on the couch.
 
Now, I'm the first to admit it: I don't like to "stay in touch."
SO. MUCH. EFFORT.
Luckily, Jake & I get that about each other & are able to pick up right where we left off.
Even months later.
So the last time I saw Jake was in February right after I got engaged (awkward). To say the least, I was not in HIGH spirits, but as the weekend continued my mood was lifted by good friends, good food, and good conversation.
I think I only cried like 3 times. Yay.

Friday night was quiet & was spent outside enjoying a fire & a few drinks.
Saturday morning, Rachel made us breakfast. Then we got started.
Brandon & I bopped down to Fred Meyer and Jake & Rach headed to the Farmers Market/Fruit Stand/Mexico? and brought back a million dollars worth of excellent produce.
Nope - I didn't take any pics...maybe because Jake & I poured a drink around 1pm. #noshame
We were delegated specific tasks by Chef Rachel and Jake & I were responsible for a trifle & the guac. I am proud to say that the party goers devoured them both.

After everyone started arriving at Rachel & Eric's, Big Carly came out in full force.
What is Big Carly?
Anybody here a fan of Coach? I have the little Carly and Rach has the big Carly.
So obviously, 4-5 years ago, Jake & I decided that Big Carly would be an excellent Beer Pong team name.
We've kept our end of the deal (with Coach) and have brought great honor to the name Big Carly.

Big Carly reigned supreme.
We also didn't drink beer & filled the cups with water.
Because we're old now.
 
It was a great night filled with beautiful people and beautiful friends.
I snapped some pics of a few of us (AKA took selfies with other people in them):
 
I believed I hash tagged halo for this one.
Still fitting.
 
My perfect man.
If only he liked girls :-/
 
Lame & I.
She's gorg, I know.
 
And that's pretty much all the pictures I took.
But notice I'm wearing mascara again!
Things are looking up.
 
Marisa & I made the drive from PDX to Eugene last night.
Shawn dropped Rosalie off & we hung out with Niki & Marisa.
It was a good night, overall.
 
Back to MONDAY, MONDAY.
Luckily I got this cute top yesterday (size M) so at least I feel kind of pretty:
 

Can't you tell by my facial expression?
 
It's longer in the back, so it'll be good with leggings too.
Oh! Remember how I told y'all I wasn't eating?
Yeah. That came to an abrupt halt yesterday.
I had pizza.
And Burgerville.
And it was GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT.
 
Back to the daily grind.
Hope I find you all happy & healthy. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment