Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Top 10 Ways to Heal Your Broken Heart

Today marks 4 months since my relationship went down the shitter.
I thought I'd make you folks a list of the best ways to mend a broken heart.
These are all based off of trial & error and I deem them 78% successful.
That other 22% is spent in deep, dark hole that I don't want to talk about, so leave me alone!

1. Listen to these 3 albums on repeat:

My life is like a lemon drop
I'm suckin' on the bitter to get to the sweet part
I know there'll be better days ahead.
 
All the talk in the world, lost in the world
'Til you finally let that thing go
You wanna check into the Heartbreak Hotel
But sorry we're closed.
 
So give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
'Cause, oh, they gave me such a fright
And I will hold on with all my might
Just promise me that we'll be alright.
 
2. WORK OUT. Which leads me to number 3...
 
3. Eat that pint of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. You'll be ok.
 
4. Two words - retail therapy. Poor? Me too. But I'll tell ya what, sometimes that clearance rack has some great bargains that make you feel like a million bucks.
 
5. Immerse yourself in another world. Read:
 

For some reason or other, watching beautiful people with dramatic love lives makes me feel AWESOME.
 

6. Blog. Write. Journal. Text without hitting "send". Talk to yourself out loud in the car. Whatever you can do to release some emotions - do it. Don't let them build up. But if your friends are about to kill you because you talk about it too much, express it in a different way. Having multiple outlets is huge.

7. Get out of your comfort zone. Go to a bar you hate. Try on bling-butt jeans. Take on a project. Try new foods. Just live a little. Discover who you are without the other person. It's actually pretty fun.

8. Drink wine.

9. Laugh. Laugh at yourself. Laugh at your heartache. Laugh at your friends. Laugh at movies, books, t.v shows. Laugh at work, laugh on the toilet, laugh when you look in the mirror. Whatever it takes to laugh your ass off, do it.

10. Get down on one knee & pray to whatever God you believe in.


Well folks. I obviously don't have it all figured out.
BUT.
If I look back to where I was 4 months ago and then look at myself today...it's pretty cray cray.
I have days where I am happy all day. I go weeks days without crying. I wake up in the morning & it's not the first thing I think about. I go to sleep at night & it's not the last thing I think about.
Life is good. Life is beautiful. And it is worth living.
Errrrrrrrday.

Hashtag getitgurl.

No comments:

Post a Comment