Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Losing my Religion

Ok. It is Wednesday. The day of the camel.
I have a few things to discuss.

1. It is hard having relationships. I don't mean BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP (#singleforlife). I just mean it is hard to be a friend, hard to be a mom, hard to be a daughter.

There is always room to fuck up. To hurt someone or to be hurt. For disappointing or being disappointed. To be stabbed in the back or to do the stabbing.

I feel like the last few months, I've been losing my religion. Not like the song. Or like, God. Just the thing that makes me, me. So, in light of recent developments AKA not talking about my break-up anymore (it has been since Thursday, I'd say I'm successful 78% of the time)...I am trying to rebuild who I once was. And that includes being a better friend.

My newest affirmation from my therapist.
I will do the best I can with the understanding, knowledge & awareness I have.

2. I went to drinks with my coworker Jen last night. It was SO great to rekindle our bond. We have both been very busy with our lives (damn kids) - so it was great to sit & chat for a couple hours. I also discovered I have an innate ability for napkin art:

A rose is still a rose by any other name.
NAPKIN.

3. After sharing with y'all that I was up 10 pounds from my last Advocare cleanse (which put me at 159 lbs. for those of you keeping up (with the Kardashians)), I weighed myself this morning to check in on things:
154.8
MUCH BETTER.
 
I think I am ready to make the final push. I would like to lose another 30 pounds. Not impossible. It will be brutal, but not impossible.
 
4. I feel like this may have been inappropriate for work............
 
I wore a shirt over it, but that shirt was sheer.
So....
 
5. Last, but certainly not least is probably the laziest seflie I have ever taken:
 
Doesn't get a lot better than this.
 
And that is all I got for you today folks!
If you need me you can find me at work suffering through Aunt Flow & dreading my run today.
PEEEEEEEEACE.



No comments:

Post a Comment