Monday, November 4, 2013

California knows how to party & Rosalie (nearly) turns 2!

Ah. Monday. The beginning of the week - we meet again.
But let's go back in time to the magical day that is FRIDAY. We took down our Halloween decorations & pulled these bad boys out:
Did anybody else just throw up a little?
Just me? WHATEVER.
 
I always love working on Fridays. It's quiet & calm. It's an easy transition to the weekend.
After 5pm, I drove hope & made Yumm bowls for Sarah & I. DELISH.
It was the first time I braved putting salsa on mine - I don't know what I have been doing with my life the last 10 years.
After dinner, we tripped it to Target for a plethora of crap. Including all the fixings for cupcakes...
I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
I gotta tell ya folks, if you haven't tried coconut oil you are missing out!
 
I was so exhausted by the time I laid down Friday night.
My bed hugged me & lulled me to dreamland within a matter of minutes. I love those nights.
When I woke up, Niki came over & made me the Walker Scramble.
Chorizo, bell peppers, red potatoes, onion & egg.
This was my first time eating chorizo. IT WILL NOT BE MY LAST.
 
I ended up having a mini birthday party for Rosalie on Saturday afternoon as her dad has her next weekend on her actual birthday.
She seemed to have a lot of fun :)
This girl knows how to party.
 
The birthday girl!
 
And then Auntie Sarah smashed her cupcake in her face.
She was very confused.
 
Sarah, then, shoved a cupcake in my face.
Rosalie was still very confused.
And let's just say, BEWARE Sarah, payback is a bitch!
 
My madre came for the event as well :)
   
I gotta say - her second birthday party was A LOT less stressful than her 1st.
I bought a couple of pizza's from Papa Murphey's, made cupcakes, & had football on.
Rosalie made out like a bandit, with new clothes, a play kitchen, a new Princess movie & backpack, Monsters Inc., her first Barbie (Cinderella) & a FAKE puppy who I renamed Roxy (sorry Sar, I know too many Sadie's).
So thank you to all who came to celebrate - it means the world to me!
 
Not only did Rosalie receive some great presents, I too, was gifted with one of the BEST THINGS EVER.
Marisa found me THE ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL.
I posted a pic on Instagram & my cousin immediately sent me a pic of him & his ring.
Scoff if you will, I'll tell ya right now - this sucker is gonna attract me some hotties!
(Who may or may not live in their mother's basement)
At least my cousin & I are the coolest kids on the block.
#andwecantstop
 
Sunday morning came quickly & it was time to celebrate another fantastic lady.
Niki turned 26 and we went out to breakfast to wish her a happy birthday!
I'm obsessed with this shirt Rosalie got for her birthday.

Sarah & I at b-fast.

I swear, she loves me.
 
It's not weird to order a side of bacon & a side of potatoes with a side of sourdough.
Riiiiiight??
 
I managed to not take any pics of the birthday girl, but let me tell you she looked great and I think she had a good time!
After breakfast, Niki came back to my place to hang with Ro & I AKA watch Vampire Diaries & nap while I burned myself making a fiiiiiya.
Turns out, I'm very accident prone.
So much for grace.
 
Rosalie slept for a solid 3.5 hours on Sunday. I sat my butt on the couch the entire time & relaxed.
It was very nice.
When RoBo woke up we headed to Trader Joe's to do a little grocery shopping & got some Baja Fresh with Uncle Levi.
Somebody is finally catching on to the beauty that is mango salsa.
 
After dinner, we headed back & watched Monsters Inc. while waiting for The Walking Dead. I was really busy during the movie...
I feel really bad. I need to put away all the Halloween stuff but I think Rosalie is going to be DEVASTATED.
She loves all things Halloween. I blame Marisa.
 
I also found out some AWESOME news last night.
It looks like I am going to California in February with my parents for Super Bowl!
My aunt & uncle throw a major rager (or so I hear) every year & this year, I will be partaking in the festivities.
Cannot wait to see my fam-bam & let's face it, California, knows how to party.
I asked my cuz (the same one with the LOTR ring) if it was warm in February & he said "warmer than Oregon". So I'll be packing my swimsuit & sunblock. LOOK OUT!!!!!

And now. Now it is Monday. And we have come full circle.
Although I didn't eat the best this weekend, I am back on track today. Oh well, what can ya do?

Just an FYI, I am going to be rocking Oregon gear all week in honor of the GAME OF THE YEAR.
Let's Go Ducks!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment