Thursday, November 7, 2013

An Ode to Oregon Football

I grew up in Autzen Stadium.
I mean I obviously wasn't raised there, but the times I have spent there have shaped me into who I am today.
Now before you start laughing - think about it! I have experienced elation, devastation, independence, sportsmanship, teamwork, dedication, and everything else that comes along with being a part of a fan base that has no limits.
Oregon vs. Tennessee

Some of my very best memories are at Autzen Stadium.
When I was just a wee lass, I would nap under the bleachers amidst the cheers & jeers of the crowd; it was almost a lullaby.
When I was in middle school, I sat in the end zone with my very best friend in the world and we would have the time of our life. Win or lose.
Sarah & I


In high school, I got to bring friends to share in my "happy place".
In college, I got to be a part of the student section (albeit, I was the ONLY sober person) and unleash the pride I had as an Oregon Duck.
Kenzie & I

Rose Bowl baby!

One of my favorite Duck fans


This year, I got to take my daughter to the Spring Game so she could relish in the majesty of Autzen Stadium.
Entering Autzen for the first time :)

Such a fan.

And only a few weeks ago, I sat with my dad and had the time of my life watching the Ducks demolish the Bruins.
You think he's happy?



I have seen teams from different parts of the country & met fans from all over the globe.
I have seen Heisman winners & National Champions.
I have seen future NFL coaches and future NFL players.
I have seen Olympians. I have seen some of the greatest games in history.
I wouldn't trade my experiences for the world.
 
My dad used to say that we went to church on Saturday's. And he is right.
It's an awesome thing to grow up with....the comradery of family, friends and fans all there to root on their favorite team. I just LOVE MY DUCKS.
So this is an ode to my favorite past time of the last 26 years. I can't wait to bestow this on my daughter and see that she gets to enjoy the beauty of Oregon Football.
I kid you not when I say I am proud to be an Oregonian and I am proud to be a Duck.


NOW, LET'S BEAT SOME STANFORD ASS.
GO DUCKS. WTD.

No comments:

Post a Comment