Thursday, May 16, 2013

Saucy Town, USA

GOOD MORNING PARTY PEOPLE.

I was in bed and asleep by approximately 8:30 pm last night.
 
Shawn is so lucky to have such a sexy fiancée.
Check out that lingerie!
Saucy Town, USA

Too bad I forgot my gym bag at work yesterday with my make up, straightener, shampoo and conditioner. Now I look like this today:

 
 
Just a quick side note - anybody see the family resemblance?
 
She will have my neck for this.
Sorry ma.
 
 
When I got home from work yesterday, Shawn, Ro, & I went grocery shopping. I told Shawn I didn't want to spend more than $75. And without adding anything up (I can't do math), I spent $75.30. I KNOW, RIGHT? Holla.
 
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Rosalie is the exact opposite of me - SHE WON'T EAT ANYTHING. So weird. But I heard through the grapevine (her babysitter) that she was eating chicken nuggets with ketchup at her house. So I bought said nuggets & ketchup (we didn't have any because I avoid condiments like the plague):
 
Success! She ate 4 (after she marinated them in ketchup).
 
I went over my caloric limit yesterday (I only get like 1296 these days #skinnygirlproblems).....I burned like 560 yesterday morning and I was a freaking bottomless pit. I hate days like that. I didn't help the situation by eating tortellini with Alfredo sauce last night - but I used LIGHT Alfredo sauce...so that counts, right? Luckily today is going better on the foodie front & I'm currently grossing my coworker, Jill, out with my "nasty stuff in the fridge".
 
Naked Green Machine, anyone?
I made her try it. She's EATING HER WORDS. :)
 
 
So...the other morning when I stayed home with Rosalie (because she had a fever), I was trying to catch up on my blogs on my phone. When searching for Skinny Meg's blog, I came across a chatroom of sorts that focused solely on dissing her & Mama Laughlin. Now, I get it, not everybody likes the same thing - but to be so mean without even knowing the person is a horrible thing to do. What did I do? I wrote her an e-mail. Haha, I know I don't know these ladies, but they help me everyday. So I felt it was my duty.
 
Here is what I wrote:
Hi Skinnymeg (I can’t just call you Megan),
 I just felt inclined to write & tell you how much I admire you. I was home with my daughter yesterday morning, so I was searching for your blog on my iPhone rather than my computer at work (employee of the year) and I came across a forum where it seems people gather to say mean things about other people. Needless to say, I started reading some of the entries people had posted – I’ve read (one of the million places I follow you & ML) that y’all have seen this type of stuff posted online (or wherever). I simply stopped reading it after about 4 or 5 different (ridiculous) entries about this & that. The fact that you still wake up every morning, go to the gym, go to work, take care of your family, and still manage to rock floral pants is something to respect. Whatever happened to “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”? I guess I felt I need to write & thank you for powering through the bullshit, because people like me look forward to reading what you have to write or listening to what you have to say. It inspires me every day. I’ve lost 40 lbs since September. I found you and ML in January and have never looked back. So thank you for being you!
 Michelle Hiskey

And here is how she responded (YES! SHE RESPONDED!):
Hey Michelle,
    Thank you for taking the time to email me :) I know, some people obviously have wayyyyy to much time on their hands. I was really hurt when I first read it, then they started talking about Madison's weight and I was so angry, but I realized that they don't KNOW me and they are just looking for things to gab about. It's sad when you have to cut someone else down to make yourself feel better. Anyways, thank you thank you for this email :)
 Megan

************
This just goes back to my sob story. Take the time to compliment someone. Or tell them how you appreciate them. It's so worth it.
 
I'll sign off with this fab pic of me & my gurl:
 
WE LOVE YOU!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment