Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend (in a nutshell)

So...I'm going to start with: Shawn has a lot of friends.
Of course, they are all single men.
I love them each dearly.
But they COMPLAINED ALL WEEKEND that they weren't in my blog.
So, Trevor, Dave, Matty, & Levi...you are welcome...

It all started when I got home from work Friday evening and Shawn had hit up the liquor store.
Sometimes, he just gets me.
We started sippin' on some whiskey like a damn country song.
Then Ro got stuck:

I know, SERIOUS turmoil.
 
Once little beezball was tucked safely into bed, the guys arrived.
So did Mallory (my saving grace).
Let's just say I say I ended up sharing a communal burrito between Che, Trev, & Mal at 1AM in my kitchen.
IT WAS DAMN GOOD.
 
At least I didn't look like this:
That's Dave asleep on my back patio.
He has REALLY good friends.


The next day Gramma came to pick up Rosalie and kidnap her watch her for the night.
We had some fun waiting for her to arrive:

I missed this preshy face!
 
While Rosalie was gone, Shawn & I got our nerd on and went and saw Iron Man 3.
I don't give a crap Rolling Stone, IT WAS EPIC.
I will always love Tony Stark.
Then we headed for the Bierstein - I had their Beer Cheese Soup and a side salad.
Gosh darn, that stuff is SO SO SO good.
Later on, we hit the town...in true style:
 
Cracking up because Levi ended up having to take our pic on his phone.
Because Trevor tried and ended up dropping my phone on the patio, photo bombing us, and taking the blurriest pic of us possible.
 
This is why:
I know.
 
Trev & Levi really held it together.
Ladies? Any takers?
 
And then Matty showed up.
And things were good.
 
Luckily I was responsible and only had a beer or two, so I could drive these crazies home.
I had to drive to Salem to pick up Rosalie on Sunday.
She was SO happy to see me:

NOT.
 
She saw me at the restaurant and clung to Gramma for dear life.
Then in the car she wouldn't look directly at me.
So she gave up and passed out for nearly THREE hours.
 
Luckily my friend Dana came over with her squishy little BB:
 
I wish my arms looked like that!
(OH wait - they do!)
 
Game of Thrones wasn't on, on Sunday night and I. Was. Devastated.
It completely ruined my 3-day weekend.
Ok - that's a slight exaggeration, but I was bummed.
 
Monday morning, I awoke and looked gorg:
 
I worked out before I went to pick up Rosalie on Sunday morning.
I got to shower my bod, but I only dry-shampooed my hair.
So it was AWESOME come Monday.
 
I spent all morning washing every article of clothing Rosalie, Shawn, and I own.
That was 9 loads.
Count them: NINE LOADS.
And every time I do that to myself, I say: I'm going to do a load every other day.
Never happens.
 
Shawn's mom called around 12:30 and said they were doing a BBQ for his Aunt Dana (her bday is Wednesday), so we went and chilled there for a few hours.
I was really good. Had a burger with no cheese & no bun.
Steered clear of the chips and only had a quarter of a cup of pasta salad.
Success.
 
I was hungry when I got home, so I threw half a left over, BBQed chicken breast on top of some salad with a little Yumm Sauce and watermelon.
Posted a pic on Instagram of it, but here you go, gentle readers:
 
NBD or anything, but Café Yumm "liked" my photo on IG.
I know, such a balla.
 
If anyone is trying to find the moral of this story blog, it is to go date Shawn's friends.
Because they are cool single.
 
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!




 


3 comments:

  1. I WISH some/any of my cali friends were either single or had single, male friends. I am jelly and wish I was there to head out with you guys sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Not gonna happen. But next time I'm in the state, we MUST get together

      Delete