Friday, July 12, 2013

XYZ

Remember that saying?
XYZ?
eXamine Your Zipper!
Gosh! how funny.

My fly was down for a solid 40 minutes before I noticed it this morning.
Awesome.

In other news:

My mom came down last night - pretty late, she didn't get in to town until around 8pm.
Luckily she came bearing gifts: A new "Princess" movie (AKA Strawberry Shortcake) & a bottle of wine. It's like she knows me and Rosalie soooo welllllll. ;)

We met for lunch at Quiznos this afternoon where Rosalie proceeded to spill ice all over the floor & eat her weight in pickles.
I swear to God, that child is such a weirdo. I HATE PICKLES.
Once my mom & Ro got back to my house, Rosalie finally got her popsicle (she has been asking for one since she finished her popsicle yesterday).

What a doll.
 
Friday's at work are so lame.
The phone doesn't ring - I don't get any e-mails - And like, half the office isn't here (AHEM, JILL!).
So I usually mess around on Facebook all day.
Luckily Justin Timberlake had a little present waiting for all of us this morning:

TAKE BACK THE NIGHT
I've listened to it...ohhhhh...900x?
 
There was some witty banter that also ensued between a few of us, as well.
You've probably seen it (not).
But I had a great one liner that I'd like to share:
 

Erik Miller I'm not hurt, I just think it's silly to bitch about my being a black mark on your life. That's like sticking your hand in the garbage disposal and being surprised when you pull out a bloody stump.
YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER
 

Michelle Hiskey hahahaha Erik...really? comparing yourself to something as useful as a garbage disposal? please.
 
The highlighted part is the part I wanted to share.
I bet you're all really happy I did.
 
Moving on............
 
A few weeks back my boss pulled me into the office to tell me I'm doing a great job & gave me a $25 gift card to www.zappos.com (he clearly doesn't know about the blogging...or anything else I do...).
SO!
I went on to the site - I had never been there - and everything costs about 1 million dollars.
But I remembered, I really need want a plain black pair of flip flops, and I have always wanted a pair of Havaianas.
They arrived today. Which made me happy.
I know...that was some big news.
 
What else is going on...hmmm....
Still healing. Still licking those open wounds.
I move a week from today & I've started packing my stuff.
It's so bizarre.
I was sitting outside last night, looking up at my place. Shawn and I moved in 3 months ago.
And we wanted to stay there for a few years until we could buy a place of our own.
We wanted to get married next year and had found the perfect spot.
And now, that's all gone.
It's like that neat trick you see in movies: the table is set with beautiful crystal glasses and fine china & the waiter comes and in one swift motion, pulls the table cloth right out from underneath everything.
 
That's kind of where I'm at right now.
I don't really like to be alone...so Sarah is coming over tonight to hang out with Rosalie and I.
It's just nice to have someone else along for the ride.
 
Hope you kids have a fantastic weekend.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment