Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Night Alone

Where to begin?

Let's start with last night.
It was LITERALLY the first night I was going to spend entirely alone since Shawn & I broke up.
I know, I'm a loser - but I have had a friend over, had Rosalie, or spent the entire night FaceTiming my family every single evening since we ended things.
Pathetic? Maybe. But hey, when your sanity hangs by a thread, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Let's recap, shall we?
First up: Stopped at Target for a gallon bottle of wine. I really just needed cash back to deposit into Jenni's account for our JT tickets (hope you didn't forget about that, folks).

This will be happening.
And I will revert back to 12 years ago.
 
After depositing $22 (I know, random amount), I bought $10 worth of quarters to do some laundry.
NEVER HAVE I EVER (5 fingers anyone?) bought quarters before.
I felt like I was going to a J.Lo concert and needed something to bounce off her ass.
 
Anyway.
 
I got home & got out of my car. In my hands I held: 4 Tupperware containers (I forget them at work everyday), a coffee cup, my gym clothes, and my jug of wine.
Then, this happened:
 
I CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.
THIS IS MY REAL LIFE.
 
I hauled all my crap to Sarah's apt., banged on her door & got no answer. I called her. No answer.
So I left everything sitting in front of her door & marched my merry ass to the office.
I called the emergency number & told them that this did not constitute as an "after-hours lockout". Their key BROKE & it was NOT MY FAULT.
Haha, poor lady - she was like, oh honey - don't worry about it. Someone will be onsite in 30 minutes (gggrrreeeaaattt).
Sarah called back & her and Kyle had been on their back patio. The front door was unlocked and I could have let myself in.
Whatever.
 
After I was rescued from my land lady, I poured a glass of vino and watched Step Brothers.
 
I also maybe ate an entire box of Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese.
Awesome.
 
I did laundry, swept my floors, and refrained from contacting people from the outside world.
I got a few texts (which I responded to because I am a nice human)...but otherwise, I spent the evening alone.
And you know what?
It was lovely. I AM A FUN GIRL (bahaha).
 
Oh! I forgot to tell you the highlight of my day yesterday!
My Dutch Bros. stamp card had 10 stamps (so what if they were split over 4 punch cards?).
So, on my lunch I went to get my iced, nonfat, sugar-free latte. They gave me a hot one. WTF?
Who orders a hot latte in 90 degree weather?
So they fixed my order, but gave me the hot one too.
TWO DRINKS FOR FREE (again, I can't make this shit up - not that it is that unbelievable)!
 
I tried to look cute, but when you're sneaking selfies at your desk & Jill sits 4 feet away from you, it's a little awkward. :)
 
Now it's Hump Day (get your mind out of the gutter).
There's about 2 1/2 days left in this work week.
GET SOME!
Who doesn't love a poorly lit mirror selfie?
YOU ARE WELCOME.
 
Until next time.
 
P.S. On my 10K schedule today is a 2 mile run. Consider it OWNED.
 

 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment