Tuesday, July 16, 2013

10K Gold

Hi ya!

So 10K training began yesterday and on the schedule board was a 30 minute EZ run.
My coworker, Jennifer, dragged me to the track around 11am yesterday and we started running (I am a dreadmill runner, I DO NOT run outdoors).
I made it a mile around the track before I walked a quarter mile.
Then, I continued to run 2 more laps.
I ran 2 3/4 miles yesterday in about 35 minutes with (about) 3 walk breaks.
The last quarter of a mile, I sprinted with Jen. I about keeled over.
I'm sure I'll be walking once in a while (read: every 5 seconds) during the 10K, so I was ok with this.

Day One DOWN.
Today is a rest day.
 
CHECK!
 
How I'm spending said "rest" day.
Stuffing my pie hole with watermelon.
 
When I checked my Facebook newsfeed upon waking up this morning (read all about it! get it while it's hot!), I had a great tag that I thought I'd share:
 
Bah. It's small. But my good friend Jake's mom wrote to Rachel & I about completing her own 10K. She made it through the finish line without stopping. It's great motivation to see other people who aren't Olympians (no offense Karen) getting out there and being healthy & happy!
 
By the way, I haven't mentioned it yet, but our friend Lamy Amy is running this 10K with Rachel & I.
I choose not to acknowledge her because she is already thin and pretty.
JK JK JK
Amy is awesome & I'm super thrilled she's partaking in the death of me.
 

Amy & I, Christmas 2011
(I'm pretty close to 190 lbs. here).
 

I'm working really hard on finding out who I am again.
My friend Niki & I had a good convo last night - I told her it was really weird to be home alone with no baby and no manfriend.
She asked what I would be doing before baby & manfriend...
And I thought...Well, when I was 21, 22, 23 I would be drinking/partying.
But she said (and this is not exact) but that's not who you are now. What would you be doing now without a baby/manfriend?
I didn't have an answer.
So we'll just have to wait and find out where I go from here. I have a feeling it's going to be good.
 
Happy Day o' Rest.
 
 
PS Tomorrow is my Friday. Be Jealous. Plus, it's only a half day. Muahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment