Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This blog is all over the place - READ IT ANYWAY!

I inadvertently discovered the best thing ever a few nights ago.
I was having a glass of wine when it was decided we would walk down to Ben & Jerry's (for the 3rd time that week).
I put my glass in the freezer to keep it cold until I returned.
Well. I forgot all about it (gasp!) until the next evening. I opened the freezer & pulled my stemless wine glass out. In it, there was about an inch of slushy, frozen wine.
Not wanting to waste a SINGLE drop, I poured a fresh glass right on top of my Chard o' Slushy.
It kept it cold twice as long on these hot summer nights.

Moral of the story?
I am a genius and 7/11 should pay me dolla dolla bill$ (no, I'm not Ke$ha) for my Chard o' Slushy idea.
Until I am rich & famous, I'm giving y'all the go ahead to prep your wino tendencies the night or morning before you drink and put you some wine in the freezer. Your senses will thank you (or at least your 21 year old self will high five you).
 
As the title of this blog implies, my thoughts are on shuffle today.
 
Anybody remember this awesome song?
I WAS FREAKING OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG.
I hear a song and if it strikes my fancy just right, it'll be on replay for months. Maybe years.
Anyone who has ever lived with me really appreciates this quality about me. PSYCH!
Well, this weekend I am going out on a boat (have no idea what kind, specifics aren't my forte) with Rachel & her main squeeze, Eric.
^^These people.
(Is it super creepy how often I take pictures from people's Facebooks? nope.)
 
If I don't end up dying (AKA if Rachel doesn't kill me because I sing I'M ON A BOAT AND IT'S GOING FAST AND I GOT MY NAUTICAL THEMED PASHMINA AFGHAN over & over), I'm sure I'll have some pretty spectacular pics for ya'll.
Disclaimer: I didn't have to look those lyrics up. I'm just a boss loser like that.
 
Speaking of songs I'm obsessed with moderately enjoy like your average listener:
^^Now there is a whole lotta sauce.
 
HOLY GRAIL.
You guys. This song speaks to me. I kid you not. Justin Timberlake's part was written for me during my difficult time:
And baby
It's amazing I'm in this maze with you
I just can't crack your code
One day you're screaming you love me loud
The next day you're so cold
One day you're here, one day you're there, one day you care
You're so unfair
Sipping from your cup 'til it runneth over
Holy Grail
 
You get the air out my lungs, whenever you need it
And you take the blade right out my heart
Just so you can watch me bleed
And I still don't know why, why I love you so much
And you play this game, in spite, to drive me insane
I got it tattooed on my sleeve, forever in ink
With guess who's name
But I still don't know why, why I love it so much
 
Ah. Music. Does wonders doesn't it?




In other news, I weighed myself this morning.
Back down to 153. That's what eating right and working out (and pooping after 3 days) does for ya!
Minus the 4 bags of Fun Size M'n'Ms I ate yesterday:
Now that I'm headed in the right direction - once again - I have a new desire to really push to hit my next goal.
I've lost 45 pounds (give or take) and I think I'm ready to drop the next 20.
I want to fall in love with myself. I want to look in the mirror & think I'm beautiful.
I want to believe in myself and have the confidence to take my life by the horns...because I don't have anyone to rely on anymore. It's just me now. And I better damn well like her if I have to spend the rest of my life with her.

On that note...drum roll please...the morning selfie!
And for your viewing pleasure, another one!

I am still super sore from my Monday strength training.
I took yesterday off from the gym because I had an appt. during my lunch hour.
Today I'm back in the saddle - IT'S LEG DAY! Here's to being sore in my nether regions.


 
Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment