Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day One


DAY ONE

A couple of things happened this morning. One: my 14 month old daughter slept in her toddler-bed until 5:30 am and I started AdvoCare. Both GOOD things J

I didn’t actually begin my challenge until I arrived at work this morning. I then ingested the Spark drink (my new BFF since I broke up with coffee). The Spark drink is Fruit Punch flavor and reminds me of Kool-Aid. I’m on board. Then tragedy struck: it was time for the Fiber Drink. My God. It can only be described as the texture of homemade applesauce watered down with a gelatinous water; it tastes like wood. I literally gagged 3x, spat one swallow out, and ended up discarding 1 oz of the magic potion. I AM WEAK. Tomorrow will be better…right?

 In the meantime, I have been guzzling water like crazy. By 11:15 am, I drank 80 oz of water and peed 6 times. Flush that system (luckily my coworkers on not judging me). One thing I found helpful is to create a food log, journaling what I had eaten and when I had eaten it. This is also where I kept my water tally.

 I found myself really hungry come lunch time – I ate a big, leafy green salad with chicken and a raspberry vinaigrette. I also had a handful of TERRA exotic vegetable chips, which have a full serving of veggies in every ounce. YUMMY. I love how clean everything is that I’m putting inside of my body. I did suffer from a slight headache, but remember I am the mother of a 14 month old – I LIVE on coffee. So, I’m assuming this will dissipate after a few days.

 At 2:30 I hit my gallon mark. Yes folks, I had consumed 128 US fluid ounces of water. I had peed 11 times by 2:30 pm. Not to gross anyone out, my pee was crystal freaking clear. THIS MUST BE WORKING! Now, I was a tidbit alarmed at this point in the day because (again sorry) I hadn’t pooped yet. As a coffee consumer, I regularly poop by 10 o’ clock every morning. WTF? Like my coworker Jennifer said, “you’re totally changing your lifestyle habits – your body needs time to catch up.”

 When I got home from work – I prepared dinner, did the dishes, bathed my daughter, played with my daughter, watched Kim & Kourtney Take Miami, put my daughter to bed, and passed the heck out. However, before I was allowed my peaceful slumber – I had to ingest my “Herbal Cleanse” pills. MORE LIKE HORSE PILLS THAT TASTE LIKE CRAP AND TAKE 17 MILLION GLASSES OF WATER TO SWALLOW. But alas, I am a champion – swallowed those suckers and slept like a baby.

 
FOOD LOG from January 22, 2013

Breakfast: Spark, Fiber drink, banana

Morning Snack: 4 pieces of jerky, 1 bite of protein bar, mandarin orange fruit cup (no sugar added).

Lunch: Salad with chicken, raspberry vinaigrette, veggie chips.

Afternoon Snack: ThinkThin protein bar (A MUST TRY: 20g protein, 0g sugar, 24g carbs, gluten free), 1 piece jerky.

Dinner: Salad with red bell pepper, red onion, celery, cucumber & homemade dressing (splash of olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper) and turkey kielbasa. 2 Omega-3 pills.

Herbal cleanse pills.

 
WATER COUNT from January 22, 2013

192 oz. (pee count: 17??)

 
Ok, more tomorrow about today J

PS I do not know why the colors are so funky...whatevz.

6 comments:

  1. Good Job Michelle keep up the good work... I will be following your blog to see how it works for you and my be try it myself. Ive never heard of this diet before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty great Amanda! I'm glad you're going to follow :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks gurl - I miss you. When I can drink again, would you care to join me?

      Delete
  3. Good job Shell!!! I love reading this! You are hilariously funny!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete