Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Day 2

Hola! I know it's been a few days, but I really am trying to keep this bad boy alive. 
People need to read what I think about livin', lovin', and laughin'. 
Amiriteorrrrrr?

Anyway, I'm gonna throw some pics up in dis bish and then we'll get to the meaty stuff at the end.

School is my life. 
Like my WHOLE life.

See?
The only people I hang out with aside from Rosalie and Shawn are the peeps in my study group.
And they don't think I'm as funny as they should.

At least it's paying off.
Disregard the 90% and check out the 100%!

Even though I don't get to hang out with anybody, I do receive awesome texts...

Shawn's aunt^^
Trying to convince me they killed off Arya a few GOT episodes ago.
I was so unhappy for 10 seconds.

At least she makes up for it with throwback pics of Shawn has a pirate.
Note his bro as Peter Pan.

Here is Shawn all grown up.
He shave an "M" into his chest.
Thank god he doesn't read my blog, he'd murder me for putting this on here.
MUAHAHAHA (no one is safe).

In other news, Marcus Mariota got drafted to the Tennessee Titans. 
I mean, yeah, he went as the 2nd pick and I was thrilled with that, but I still held out hope for...

Maybe someday....

Oh and I saw this - it was a lovely list from BuzzFeed about embracing your body after children.
I found this the most relatable:

"Loving your body only when it's 'in-shape' and to your 'photograph worthy' standards is like loving your children ONLY when they are well behaved." - @berthkeeper

^^Well said, well said.

Now onto my last topic...
The quote above was a great realization - there is so much body shaming in the world today.
But the worst offenders are often critiquing themselves. 
All of the women in my life are their own worst critic, myself included, so I am trying to take on a healthier body image.
Not just for me, but for the 3 year old who is attached to my hip.

Having a healthy body image to me, means feeling healthy.
So, I have decided to do Whole 30. 
I am on Day 2. 

I have cut all added sugar, dairy, grains, soy, preservatives, most caffeine (you can have black coffee - EW) and alcohol out of my daily diet.
So far, so good.
I am really fortunate to have a couple of friends and family members participating as well - it is always nice to go through something like this with someone else. 
They feel your pain.

Unlike with Advocare, there are no supplements - only eating WHOLE foods.
Although losing weight will probably be a result of the Whole 30, my main focus is to feel good.
I have not felt good in a long, long time.
So keep checking back in! I'll try to post what I'm eating, how I'm feeling, and who I want to kill on the reg.
Happy Worst Day of the Week!






No comments:

Post a Comment