Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 9

Yo!
I'm sitting pretty at Day 9 of Whole 30...
I'm feeling good and not bored yet, so that's a good sign!
Let's rewind to last week...

First: We had a lot on our plate this weekend.
We went to a concert, out to a bar, and to a Mother's Day BBQ.
AND I DID NOT CHEAT ONCE.
Omg, I deserve some kind of GD medal, I kid you not (especially since there was mac 'n' cheese at the BBQ on Sunday).

On Friday, Rosalie and I jetted off to pre-school for a Mother's Day tea. 
That's Rosalie on the end, with her bestie Blayke by her side.
The two cutest girls there ever were.

Of course I made Ro take some selfies with me before we left for the Tea.
It was extra funnnaaaay (I don't remember why).

Saturday afternoon I hit up a local farm for some fresh produce.
Later on Shawn and I dropped RoBo-Cop at his parents to stay the night while we went out on the town.

Lol, you're probably thinking, wtf is this?
This is me doing my own make-up and being super impressed with myself.
You're welcome.

Here is a shot from the show we saw Saturday night (Joe Bonamassa).

What an AMAZING concert.
The musicianship of Bonamassa is unmatched, I was blown away!
And I'm saying this to you as the only sober person who was in attendance.
After the show, I made Shawn go home so I could change my shoes - my feeties were killing me.
We bugged Mallory & Libby for a while, and then Shawn decided it was necessary to head out to get french fries (kill me).
So we went down to the bar to see our friend Levi - I had a club soda with muddled lemon and lime sans vodka.
I'm practically a nun these days.

Like I said, Sunday was a Mother's Day BBQ over at Shawn's parents.
There was chips and dips and beans and mac 'n' cheese and potato salad and cheeseburgers and hot dogs and buns and fake mayo and fake ketchup and beer and wine and and and...I DIDN'T EAT ANY OF IT.
I came over super prepared to stick to Whole30. My meal:
A grass-fed beef patty with home made mayo in a lettuce "bun" topped with red onion, sweet potato fries (that I made), plenty of fruit, and carrots & celery (dipped in a Whole 30 compliant 'ranch' I made). And about 3 La Croix (which are my current JAM).
^^Thanks for all your mental high fives. I know, I am amazing.

Finally, on this long list of bloggy subjects is last night.
Sarah & Kyle came over for Game of Thrones and I made this for dinner:
Farm asparagus, with chicken kabobs, and mashed potatoes (made with coconut milk, ghee, and chives - HOT DIGGITY).
It was my fave Whole 30 meal yet.

Sarah, being my best friend, wanted to make sure everybody had something for dessert, so she naturally brought a Mother's Day clearance cake...
It was hilarious & although it smelled delectable, I was not tempted to indulge :)

^^This is payback for the cake, my dear :)
Muhaha, karma is a biotch.

Well, I better get back to math homework and The Legend of Sarila (Rosalie's FAVORITE movie) (kill me).
Hope you all are kicking ass and taking names...Happy Worst Day of the Week!



No comments:

Post a Comment