Friday, August 16, 2013

Warning! Butt nakedness...

Good morning & happy Friday.
Took 5 days to get here & will take another 7 to come back. FOLs right? (That's f**k our lives, I know, I'm so smart & creative).

Yesterday I hit the gym with a plan:

(Jake, shield your eyes from my awful handwriting)
Not gonna lie, I did not make it through 3 sets of 15 of the lunges & my core Sworkit (great App!) was cut down to 5 minutes because I thought I was going to pass out.
I'm currently walking around the office like a corn cob is shoved up my butt, so clearly it was a successful work out.

While visiting with my dad last weekend, I admitted to him that I have been listening to country.
In particular: Miranda Lambert & The Pistol Annies...they're a great group & Miranda is a badass. I love it particularly when I'm working out & my mind is wandering:

I don't think anyone can argue that country isn't good for a broken heart.
 
Has anyone done sprints before? Well this was my first time & I thought ok - 30 sec on/30 sec off for 10 minutes? PSH! No big deal.
Yeah freaking right.
First of all, I was terrified to hop back on after my 30 sec off - I just knew I was gonna eat it and look like a total fool.
I was AMAZED that I managed to stay on the treadmill. Overall, I'd call it a success.
 
I also looked really sexy afterwards.
Win, win situation.


After the gym, I had to run over to Target to pick up my prescription.
Well, there was a line and some lady was literally picking up 900 prescriptions...she had 4 kids in her cart, so I see why she's a nutso and has to drug herself, but it was taking far too long so I abandoned ship and found these amazing kitchen appliances:

I debated buying them all & not eating for a week, but figured it was better to be a responsible mom & feed my kid.
#grownupchoices
 
Instead, I picked up some lunch stuff because I was cranky & hungry and food just happens to cure those things.
I INHALED this food and had to eat half a bottle of TUMS & steal 2 heartburn pills from my boss to recover.
 
But it was FREAKING DELISH.
Glad I bought another burrito and still have half the soup & Greek yogurt left for today.
 
When I got home from work I whipped up a fab meal for Marisa & I.
Well I thought it was fab, she may not have, I don't really care :)
But I had read about mac 'n' cheese earlier in the day & couldn't get it out of my head!!
 
1. Boil your noods (I used whole wheat shells)
2. Melt some butter in a pan, add flour & make a rue (I used TJ's GF flour)
3. Add milk (or cream or half & half). Nonfat milk works just fine! Gentle boil & keep whisking. Clumps are nast.
4. Add the cheese of your choice. I used TJ's reduced-fat Mexican blend.
5. Drain pasta, add non-fat Greek yogurt and cheese mixture. Season with ground mustard, garlic salt, & pepper.
6. Put in baking dish, put some more cheese on top, and bake for about 20 min at 400 degrees.
 
That's just the way I do things up in hurr - my recipe changes based off what I have on hand.
The point is, is my craving was satisfied & I made it with pretty decent ingredients. COUNT IT!
 
After Marisa bounced (I cannot pull that off...), Rosalie and I palled around.
 

The cuteness. Idk how anyone can handle this!
 
Then it was bath time.
We got into the bathroom, Rosalie went pee pee in the pottie & then got her ready to get in the tub.
Rosalie had other plans:
 
She laid on the floor & said NAH-NIGHT MOMMA!
It was hilarious.
 
After bathtime, we had to be pampered. Rosalie needed her toesies repainted so I handed her my basket of colors & she picked out the Kardashian sparkly one. Woman after my own heart.
Rosalie is into having "pretty toes".
Can't blame her.
 
My friend Mal called right as I was finishing up Ro's pedicure & asked if she could stop by.
Ummm yes! I love Mallory & just do not get to see her enough.
She said several things that made me belly laugh (most at the expense of me or her, which is always my favorite. I love making fun of anything.).
Then Niki stopped by after work and zonked out with Rosalie:
 
You decide whether this is staged or not.
 
After the girls left, Ro & I really did zonk out.
I dreamt about marathons & donuts - the donut was the better part. Obviously.
When I got to work this morning, I stepped out of my comfort zone & tried one of these bad boys for breakfast (emphasis on the word bad):
 
I got through a few bites before I thought I was going to gag.
The post it note sticking up out of there has a bite I spit out in it.
Yes, I am a 4 year old.
 
And then, I looked in the mirror. You see that crap had chia seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, & blueberries (just way too hippie dippy for this gurl). Back to the mirror - I HATE FOOD THAT LEAVES CRAP IN YOUR TEETH!
What if a major hottie walked in at the very moment that I had HEMP SEEDS (of all things) stuck in my front teeth? God forbid.
 
Luckily no one hot ever comes into my office. Just women and the UPS guy (and no, he is not sexy).
Anyway, Rose is with her padre this weekend so that means momma is gonna party sleep in, watch Buffy, & read my book. Hey, that sounds like a party to me!
I may paint my toenails to match Rosalie's too...
Because it's been since 4th of July that my toes have been done.
I'm starting to think that this is just a cheap way to having a gold-glitter French manicure on my toes.
Thoughts?
 
Like usual, my selfie for this glorious Friday:
 
Nice cleave, Hiskey.
And if you look real close at my left boob, you can see my bra.
Wellllll hello, Erin Brokovich.
 
Have a great weekend comrades.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment