Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hypertension is HyperLAME

Today is Mexican Fiesta Day at work.
I epically failed and did not make the recipe I so dutifully printed from Pinterest. And then in my search for "Choco Tacos", I again epically failed and ended up buying Safeway brand ice cream sandwiches.
You're welcome coworkers!
(I am already having visions of Rosalie needing to bring something to school & ending up with Dollar Store candy in a recyclable bag. Sorry babe.)
I've had 2 plates of food & shit 3 times.
Clearly I handle spiciness like a machine.
 
Anyway, I didn't get to the gym yesterday because I was bonding with my BFF (aka my therapist).
It was a good appointment. Although I did ask her if she could come live with me...
Moving on.
Marisa was with Rosalie yesterday because Niki was off gallivanting in the northern part of the state (what a slacker). She sent me this awesome pic:
Check out her shoesies.



Rosalie was with her dad last night and like I said, my padre came into town.
I felt really funky yesterday. He checked my BP - 160/110. Pretty high. He's attributing it to stress. What cures stress? WINE!
After 1 2 3 glasses of wine it went down to 134/90.
This morning is was 130/90.
Still not great.
 
I called my doc this morning and I'm waiting for a call back.
I've suffered from hypertension in the past - mainly due to being a smoker (surprise!) & being severely overweight and also through my whole pregnancy.
I teared up last night when my dad told me my BP because I've made such healthy lifestyle changes in the last 6 months.
When S & I broke up, I immediately went to my doctor and got put on  an anti-depressant. She prescribed Bupropn because it doesn't cause weight gain and can help with anxiety.
One of the side effects is hypertension, so my BP could be attributed to that...but I think it's gotten really bad due to the news I found out on Sunday.
Whatever it is, it is one more thing I will over come.
 
My dad and I had a great evening watching onDemand ESPNU.
I indulged in some s'mores ice cream - no need to panic, it was half the fat!
 
Bet you wanted photo confirmation.
 
My dad was apprehensive to hand these over due to my high levels of stress.
You know, because beating Nicholls St. is going to be a TOUGH ONE.
 
I already have my outfit planned & ready to go.
GET READY SARAH!!!
 
I woke up to this text message from my bestie this morning (oh, if you guys were hanging on to the edge of your seats about Sarah & my friendship, everything has been resolved & things are back to normal/lezzie status). She sent me:

Daily motivator.
 
I tried tirelessly to take a selfie for you guys this morning, but nothing was turning out the way I wanted it to.
So I settled for this pic of my foot:
 
After almost 2 months, I shaved those talons down, scrubbed off the gold glitter & painted them mint green to prep for FOOTBALL SEASON.
 





Welp. Not sure if I'm going to make it to the gym today. I feel pretty faint (god, I sound like a damsel in distress).
Guess I'll wait to hear back from my doctor and see what they have to say about my blood pressure and working out.
I suppose I'll go scarf down some more Mexican food. Holla.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment