Monday, August 26, 2013

Parent of the year

This is going to be a massive photo dump.

Thursday morning! Sorry it's blurry but it's still damn cute.
 
Thursday evening - my couch was delivered.
I love it.
And the delivery man was a dirty Eugene hippie - sometimes I forget how attractive those little Deadheads can be.
 
I packed up Ro & we headed north for the weekend.
Rosalie was super excited for our road trip. Obvi.
 
She livened up once she was reunited with Gramma.
 
Friday morning! Grandduck & I took Ro to OMSI.
 
 
Learning about footprints with Gramps.
 
Rosalie tried to steal those like 50 times.
She's so Oliver Twist it's not even funny.
 
Play that funky music white boy.
 
She went to town.
 
After a solid hour of playing with toys, we went to see The Mummies exhibit. It was awesome. But I couldn't take pics, so you're just going to have to cough up the moolah & go see it yourself.
After OMSI, we went to my dad dropped me off & I sprinted into Barnes & Noble for the Sports Illustrated with Marcus Mariota on the cover. They didn't have it.
Then he dropped me off at the Duck Store, they didn't have it.
Then he dropped me off at Target, they had it in the back corner of the store.
Mission accomplished.
We then arrived at COSTCO (our actual destination) & they freaking had the magazine.
 
When we got home, I tried to take cute pics of me & Rose, but I failed.
 
We had COSTCO (I don't know why I have to shout that at you) chicken, corn on the cob, veggies with tzatziki sauce & wine for dinner.
Delectable.
 
OK. WHO THE HELL PUTS THIS BACK IN THE FREEZER?
My father.
I was ticked, I just wanted some chocolate ice cream.
 
Saturday morning! Ro & I snuggled up :)
 
Got my butt out of bed to watch these ladies finish up their 10K.
No I did not run it because I am lazy.
 
Bethany & her boyfriend Scott were supposed to meet me there to watch the girls finish the race.
We all ended up waiting for them.
At least they brought me Starbucks.
 
I got one more group shot.
See the kid on the far right? He just decided to run 6.2 miles and whipped it out in about 50 minutes.
Yeah, me too...
 
Cutest couple award goes to...
 
Finally it was time to eat breakfast.
My child is just like me - thrilled about the prospect of food.
 
I know. I am just as impressed with how cute she is.
 
After breakfast, Rachel, Ro, Scott, Beth and I cuddled up on the couch (is that awkward for you Scott?).
Rosalie and I were pretty pooped from watching everybody finish their 10K.
 
Once Ro got up we went to visit Gramma at work.
Rosalie convinced me to buy her these shoesies. My only regret is that they don't come in my size.
 
We came home & Amy came by.
I baked some chocolate chip cookies and hardly ate any dough.
That's probably my biggest accomplishment this month.
Anyway, my dad smoked some salmon on the Treager - SO. GOOD.
 
Sunday morning! Ro rocked her princess jammies for breakfast.
 
I found out some news Sunday morning that literally made me vomit.
Thanks for being there, Beth.
I may go into it at some point on the blog, but today is not that day (<---Aragorn's speech, anyone? anyone?).
Let's just say I am ready to focus on myself and be better for it. Can't wait to find out who I am again!
 
In other news, my magnetic board SpongeBob drawings are super impressive.
 
Rosalie is really proud of me.
 
Moving on.
After I picked myself up off the floor (not really, I was on the couch), I hopped in the shower & got on the road.
I stopped at my friend Danielle's so she could make me beautiful again.
 
She clearly had a lot of work to do.
 
Remember when I told you I looked like Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka when I got my hair chopped last time? Well Danielle did not disappoint - she loves to scare the piss out of me. jk jk jk
 
The finished product!
 
It's ok that it's a "mom haircut", Rach - works for me!
It took me FOUR minutes to do my hair this morning.
I love it! Thanks Davidson :)
 
Anyway, my Facebook was pretty tragic yesterday so I had a lot of support coming my way.
Here are a couple of best things:
 
Genius.
 
Capricorn pride.
 
Welp. That about sums up my weekend.
 
Except for this tiny little thing happened last night:
'NSYNC REUNITED.
And JT performed for solid 15 minutes.
AND! I kid you not, Rosalie sat through the whole thing silent and mesmerized.
Parent. Of. The. Year.
 
Peace out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Well you are a mom, and the haircut is awesome and makes you look bangin', so who cares.

    ReplyDelete