Monday, August 12, 2013

The Palace and the rest of my weekend.........

Good Morning folks. Another Monday...another day in paradise (lies).
We unfortunately, did not make it to the coast this weekend. Us Hiskey's chickened out at the thought of rain & wind and opted to stay on dry lands AKA THE PALACE.
Yes you heard it here first, Autzen Stadium is so freaking impressive and blew my socks off.
My dad & uncle were like school children, giddy with complete and utter joy to see how far the program has come.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves!
Let's rewind to Friday - a calm & uneventful end to my week, which is just the way I like it.
I busted some ass at the gym (like usual).
My arms are still sore today.
That's the way (uh huh uh huh) I like it.

POOPED.
 
Remember my complaint about my crooked sunglasses?
Well I snapped those suckers in half (HULK!) so what's a girl to do...? Go buy another $5 Walmart Special. You'd think I'd learned my lesson, but no, I like to live life on the edge.

Yes I drove like this. I have very sensitive eyes and very weak muscles.
I cut the taggy off once I go to work.
 
I don't know what your guys' work place is like, but mine is pretty much the most 'lax place ever.
So, usually while I'm on the pooper I spend a solid 10 minutes in there trolling through Instagram. My friend This lady I'm obsessed with had posted this and I seriously LOLed mid-stream.
I had to send it to my friend Mallory (there is a lot of back story here, much of which is way to in depth for your simple minds, jk jk jk).
 
Mal & I have a lot of issues with eyebrows. Both our own and other peoples.
It's fine.

 

When I got home, me & the BFF spent some quality time together.
Let's just say this though: there was a poop incident which involved Febreeze and a plastic bag.
But who cares? LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS!

Gosh, I just want to smoosh her!
 
Rosalie also found her inner Cinderella - she spent nearly an hour wiping down everything (including mom's phone) with a napkin.
It was hilarious & I'm hoping this is a sign that it doesn't take 24 years for her clean streak to hit (like it did me).
 
After the babe was down, I waited up for Niki and had a glass of wine.
 
I stayed up with Nicker-Nacker's (bringin' it back!) for a while and then zonked out, because we were supposed to get an early start to the coast.
Well, again, we didn't go so my dad, uncle, & I headed out to Autzen to judge admire the new additions.
YOU GUYS. I was blown away. I seriously did not expect to be so impressed! I cannot wait for football season!!!
My padre & I. He loves when I make him do this.
 
 
 
The outside of the Mo Center!
 
Had to stop and get a new Duck shirt (all mine are too big #skinnygirlproblems)!
 
I bought the "fitted" shirt, which I've never FIT into.
It's nice because the sleeves aren't down to my elbows.
 
Daddy & I again. Love that man.
Seriously, every man boy should aspire to be like my father. World class.
 
Bob Hawk was my uncle's best friend, he is now immortalized at Autzen.
Pretty cool moment for my uncle.
 
I'm obsessed with this - no it's not a shower curtain! At least 2 people thought it was - it is the metal that wraps around the new Duck store.
When I'm rich and famous, I'll build my house out of this stuff.
 
After Autzen we went over to the Growler refill place off Coburg Rd. and had a beer. I hadn't had a beer in FOREVER. Gosh, it was tasty.

After we headed out to Lone Pine Farm to get some more corn for our dinner.
OMG, I ended up buy $20 of produce...
Everything is fresh, local, and organic - you really can't beat it!!

How adorbs are these one-bite potatoes?
I made them for dinner last night and they were delicious.
 
When I got home, Rosalie was just waking up from her nap.
Obvs had to have a photo sesh!
 
Then Gramma joined in <3
 

We headed outside to enjoy some apple juice and watch Uncle Bob BBQ:
 
He takes his meat very seriously.
And it was well appreciated - best ribs I've ever had!
 
After dinner my uncle lit a little bonfire in the backyard.
The fambam sat outside listening to the Beatles & having a good time. It got so late that Rosalie and I ended up staying the night.
The next morning we went to breakfast, but not before my morning snuggles (I'm obsessed with how cute she is, can anyone tell?).

 
She's the best thing that's ever happened to me.
 
Coloring at the diner.
Rosalie refused eggies and waffles. Sometimes I wonder if we're related...
You never catch me turning down food.
 
After breakfast - which really turned into lunch, because the service was so slow (Rachel, you would have had a field day), we headed back home.
It was already nap time for Rosalie so once she went down, I did a little food prep. And by food prep, I mean I tried to fool my brain into thinking I'm going to be indulging in ice cream.
 
Frozen bananas, PB2, puree, freeze.
Not too shabby...but the bananas tasted a little weird to me.
I'm a nutso about "left overs".
 
This was SO GOOD. And I really felt like I was indulging in sorbet.
Farm fresh raspberries, organic bananas, Almond Breeze, blend, freeze.
If you want it sweeter you may want to add some sugar or sugar substitute.
 
After dinner (which was those pretty potatoes, fresh green beans, pesto marinated chicken, and corn), Rosalie and I pretty much chilled on the couch.
We had a busy weekend, but it was lovely.
Anyway, hope all is well with you folks. I got to go do some work!
Until tomorrow..............

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 
 
 
 
 
 





2 comments: