Thursday, August 8, 2013

Super sore, stupid meetings, equations & a Blizzard.

Whew! It's already noon & I'm just getting started on my blog.
We had a horrible office meeting all morning. Seriously - meetings at work make me want to die. First, they are in our conference room - which is either ice cold or a sweat box.
Second, all the lights get turned off for the projector which automatically makes me sleepy.
And last but not least, is the person who CANNOT keep their mouth shut so the meeting is exponentially longer than necessary.

Ok. I'm done whining.

I am so balls sore from my work out yesterday. I completely skipped the cardio (because I think I am spending too much time running and not enough time lifting) and went straight to the weight room. But first I did some stretching, like a good little girl.

Peg-leg wonder.
 
Do I see a muscle?!
(Look really hard at my leg)
 
Wednesday nights, I don't get Rosalie back until around 7:30. So I made brown rice & steamed broccoli for one and dumped half a bottle of Trader Joe's Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette on it.
 
Looks wonderful doesn't it?
WELL IT WAS! JAMES BEARD AWARD RIGHT HERE!
 
At about 7pm (10 minutes before I needed to leave to pick up Ro) I decided what better time to paint my nails?
I bought this polish on clearance a while back & I don't know the brand or name. But I wanted "nude" nails like a Kardashian. They are semi destroyed today (car seats vs. wet nails is always a fail). But I really love the color!
 
It was my first time back to my house with S since I moved out.
Man was that a trip.
I cried as I drove off (I know, I suck at life), so Rosalie & I did the only thing that any awesome mother-daughter combo would do.
Hit the DQ drive-thru and ordered a cookie dough Blizzard. We got a small, shared it, and put half in the freezer. SUE ME!
 
Once we were in better spirits, we drew some pictures.

Then we watched some MasterChef:


 

 
Then we cozied up in bed & I read the 4th Robert Langdon book, "Inferno" by Dan Brown. I'm really digging this one. "Lost Symbol" was not my fave so I'm glad I'm enjoying this book!
 
Go get you a copy!
 
Again I didn't sleep through the night.
At about 4AM my computer randomly turned on & scared the bejeezus out of me.
Needless to say, I did not fall back asleep.
Somebody give this girl some Xanax!!!
 
REAL, REAL QUICK:
I have been trying to eat WAY TOO FEW calories.
Rachel tried to tell me this, but MFP told me to eat around 1296 cals a day.
What MFP did not factor in is how active I am (that's so weird to say).
 
So, take this equation:
 
1.  655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) – (4.7 x age in years)
655 + (4.35 x 152) + (4.7 x 61) - (4.7 x 25)
655 + 661.2 + 286.7 - 117.5
= 1485.4
Now take your base number (1485.4) and multiply by your Exercise Factor number:
Exercise
Factor
Category
Explanation
1.2
Sedentary
Little or no exercise
1.375
Lightly Active
Light exercise
(1 to 3 days/wk)
1.5
Moderately
Active
Moderate exercise
(3 to 5 days/wk)
1.7
Very Active
Hard exercise
(6 to 7 days/wk)
1.9
Extremely
Active
Hard daily exercise and/or a physical job

1485.4 x 1.5 =
2228.1
Then subtract 500 cals for each pound you would like to lose each week. My goal (realistically) is to lose 1 lb. a week, so I subtracted 500 cals:
2228.1 - 500 = 1728.1 calories
That's 432 calories MORE than I was trying to eat.
Isn't weight loss fun???
 
Ok, I have loads of work to do. So I'll leave you with my morning selfie:
 
Doesn't everybody stop in the bathroom at work while on their way to the kitchen with their bowl of oatmeal?
Keepin' it classy for ya.
 
Happy Thursday. One more day.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment