Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day Nineteen

Hello my faithful followers!

 Today was a good, good day. I was extremely busy at work – which made time FLY by. And it also allowed me less time to think about cheating on Advocare. That’s actually a little bit of a lie…I feel great, I’m starting to look great (better), and I am extremely satisfied at the end of each day. But you have to remember: it takes more than 19 days to totally change a person. But I think with the help of Advocare, exercise, & my friends and family, I’ll be able to do it. Plus, it’s like quitting a drug – you have to REALLY WANT TO DO IT. And I do. I really want to be healthy and happy for my baby girl and for myself.

 I took the liberty of taking some selfies in the bathroom at work. When I came in this morning, Ann (my P.I.C) told me she could tell I was looking thinner. So of course, I had to take some shameless photos. EVERYONE IS DOING IT – DON’T FREAKING JUDGE ME (also, check out my cute phone case).
 
 

 I kicked some serious ass at the gym today. I will feel it tomorrow. HURTS SO GOOD! I planked for nearly 50 seconds! My goal is to do a 3 minute plank…I know I can do it. It will just take some working up to. I’ve started planking wherever I can: work, the gym, home on the floor playing with Rosalie…Everyone should start planking whenever they can. It’s a total body work out in a short period of time!
 
 
PLANKIN'

 So, I mentioned in an earlier blog my obsession with Mama Laughlin. I’m also obsessed with blogger Megan who writes Miss Madison’s Charmed Life (http://www.missmadisonscharmedlife.blogspot.com/). She is another inspiration. Anyway, she raves about Brady Bands – they’re head bands that literally DO NOT MOVE on your head – perfect for working out. I bought a couple (cheap - $6. And at least 10% goes towards researching cancer). They are amaze-balls. So cute and comfy and like I said, no slipping! Remember how I told you guys I wanted to be one of the cute gym girls with awesome work out gear? Well, my collection has begun.
 
 
 
When I got home from work I was craving some chicken curry like WHOA! I have an amazing recipe if anyone ever wants it. I know I probably shouldn’t be ingesting coconut milk (the fat content is like 17% of your daily intake), but hot damn! That stuff is good. And I had a REALLY small helping so y’all can back off.

 Well my dears, I think that about sums it up! Have a wonderful day…

 FOOD LOG of February 11, 2013

Breakfast: MNS, Spark, oatfit, apple

Morning snack: almonds, mandarin

Lunch: MNS, Shake

Dinner: Chicken curry (1/4 C brown rice, chicken, onion, red bell pepper).

160 oz of water (over a gallon, heck yeah!)

2 comments:

  1. You can DEFINITELY see your progress! I'm so proud of you and your non scale victory of 1 minute planks! Here I am making excuses not to go to the gym... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ra! Can't wait to see you tomorrow. I feel like drunken planks are in our near future.

    ReplyDelete